31 October 2009

daily life...Happy Halloween!!

A lot of you are asking for photos and more updates, but my hands are tied as far as my work schedule, where I travel, what I see, what I do, etc. Only a few in the military will ever see the photos I take or know fully what I am involved with here, and that is probably best. Most of the things I see/do/document here are not very cheerful or necessarily things you want to to remember or show family.

Daily life is usually steady, there are good days and bad days. Memorial ceremony for those in the recent '47 crash was today. Attended and photographed. Trying to keep a daily journal, thanks for the idea, Mom.

Food...hmmm...there are a few dining halls to choose from, as Kandahar is very large. Even still, the food is not all that great...since it is all made by foreign contractors whom I swear have never eaten a cheeseburger. Thankfully, I still have plenty of friends (some old, many new) at CEXC who keep me fed at their occasional bbq on the rare days I am not otherwise engaged.

Also, a day last week was like "Care-package mania"...I swear I had 4 boxes full of useable goodies, 3+ months of my mail, and TONS of cards sent to me, thanks to all of you (Mom, Barb, Crista, Mel, Josh & Jeanette, etc...)

Cannot think of much else...like I said, I want to share more, but cannot. Just know that I am safe. I LOVE my job here and the people are truly remarkable humans...this role is the epitome of what a combat photographer could ask for...well...aside from being able to share my images...haha!