08 April 2007

Easter evening...

Our Canadian MP coworker, Lance is a little down tonight since 6 of his countrymen were KIA today, Easter. Not sure if he knew them or not, will find out tomorrow when/if they release the names. Hang in there, buddy. A really rough day for Coalition (ISAF/NATO) forces in general too.

Also, the blast we heard/saw earlier today was a mine field being cleared, we later found out. This is the most heavily mined country in the world, and the base still has plenty of mine fields (example is seen in the pictures in the last post).

On a lighter note, the dining hall (army speak: DFAC) had a nice Easter dinner, which reminds me how I love the turkey here (and mac n cheese, and ravioli, but that is a different story!). Also, I had two pieces of cake. I figured after the 13 mile run today, i deserved it. Also, they had Jelly Belly jellybeans too...someone planned it nicely. :)

Watched The Prestige today after the run. Good, but think I liked The Illusionist a little better. Last night we watched The Departed which is a top 5 crime drama in my book. The night before that, we watched 300, also very good!!

I hope everyone is doing well and has/had a blessed Easter.