08 April 2007

Easter run...mortars...etc...











Interesting attempt at our Sunday run here at Bagram...we went to run our 'normal' 8 mile loop, and after about 2 miles, it was blocked off. So we turned around and went the other way, then we found a way to go the entire 8 miles...then we figured we may as well go to the North PX and back, and make it a rough 13.1 miles total (calculated by our Candian, Lance...Lance, are you sure you werent thinking kilometers!! jk). Anyway, Lance and Kasey Wertheim can now claim they are half-marathoners, and as for myself, it was not the 1st time I had run this distance. All told, it took us just shy of 3 hours. Not a bad pace if you ask me, then again, I am the reason they didn't finish it sooner, at least I never quit. :) Also, we heard/saw what appeared to be a mortar round strike the central part of the base, so far we haven't heard any word about it.

At this point, I am cleaned up and I just ate so now it is off to the B-hut to watch a movie and then take a nice little nap. Beautiful weather today too, probably about 75F and sunny. Anyway, here are a few pics from along the way.
*yawn*

Happy Easter.